Monday, June 27, 2011

April 6 2011




Becca insisted on meeting Shawn and I together to talk about something very important. She wanted us to come home immediately. Shawn was in a class and I had a group until 8:30 she had no choice but to wait until 9. At 9 we were still not home she could wait no more and said she would come to us. I went to the Utah Valley State College campus and picked up Shawn. We waited for Becca. She got into the back seat of the car, obviously troubled as tears were streaking her face, by thern I had a knot in my stomach.

"What's wrong Becca" I asked

"I'm pregnant. " She blurted out as if she could hold it no more.

"Ok honey what do you want to do."

"I dont know but I think I want to keep my baby. Everytime I go for a drive I keep hearing the words.( Iam a child of God and he has sent me here . Has given me and earthly home with parents kind and and dear.)"

Her dad said "Maybe you should move home so we can help you."

Becca said "Why are you so calm?"

Her dad replied, " Becca you dont yell at your child when they break their arm, you yell at them when you catch them jumping from the roof to the trampoline, so you can prevent a broken arm. We already did those conversations now were here so lets just do our best and move forward."


And so it began. Not in the optimal way but still with hope and joy we move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment